Have you only got a few days to spend in India? Then the Golden-Triangle might be something for you: Delhi – Jaipur – Agra – Delhi.
A highlight / must-see is without a doubt the Taj Mahal.
Even on this short trip you will have to make choices, there are so many things to see. I am willing to think along about what is realistic and practical to do in the days you have available.
Halfway Delhi and Jaipur is the Neemrana Fort Palace where you can enjoy a cup of coffee, tea or lunch. You may want to spend the night in this fabulous entourage. It comes with a price, however.
Just ahead of Jaipur are the Amber Fort and the Nahargarh Fort with a magnificent view over Jaipur. Additionally Sikandra / Mathura / Vrindavan / Deeg / Alwar / Sariska NP / Ranthambhore NP are worth visiting as well.
Objects and places of interest Golden-Triangle: Jaipur
- City Palace
- Hawa Mahal, “Palace of the Winds”
- Jantar Mantar, astronomical observation structure
- Water Palace
- Royal Gaitor Tumbas
- Raj Mandir Cinema (Indian largest cinema with Bollywood films)
- Colourful market places in the old centre
Objects and places of interest between Jaipur and Agra
- Galta monkey temple
- Abhaneri step well
- Balaji temple
- Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary / Keoladeo National Park
- Fatehpur Sikri
- Korai village
Objects and places of interest Golden-Triangle: Agra
- Taj Mahal
- Red Fort
- Tomb of I’timād-ud-Daulah
- Memtabh Bagh / Moonlight Garden
- Kachhhpura Village heritage walk
- Agra Bear Rescue Facility (ABRF) / Wildlife SOS
- Elephant Conservation and Care Center
Objects and places of interest in Delhi
- India Gate, Parliament House / Sansad Bhavan, President’s House / Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Akshardham Mandir
- Lotus temple
- Birla temple
- Raj Ghat / Gandhi museum
- Humayun’s tomb
- Red Fort / Lal Qila
- Old Fort / Purana Qila
- Connaught Place / Palika Bazaar
- National Museum
- Sulabh International Museum of Toilets
- Shankar’s International Dolls Museum
- National Philatelic Museum
- National Rail Museum
- And many more ….